The Homemade Blended Formula Handbook by Marsha Dunn Klein, M.Ed, OTR/L and Suzanne Evans Morris, Ph.D offers the reader an integral way of thinking about providing meals for children–meals that are nourishing physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
It’s primary focus is to offer a deep understanding of how to create tube feeding meals that are compiled from foods that are available to all children and families. It provides a guide to the process from the initial concept to the development of formulas that offer dietary diversity and high-level nutrition. It focuses on the continuum that identifies the best fit for each child and each family.
At its deepest level this is a book about children and their families. It is a book about mealtimes as a focal point in the life of the child, family and community.
It offers practical ways of including children who receive their nutrition by feeding tube into the life of the mealtime community. It celebrates their unique contributions, in partnership with the person who feeds them.
The book is designed as a reference and “how to” for parents and professionals who together are making the choice to try a homemade blended diet for tube feeding. 35 reproducible chapters and 16 food references charts have been written by feeding therapists, dietitians, physicians and parents.
Read in depth about–
• A Comparison of Oral and Tube Feeding Meals
• The Continuum Concept in Homemade Blended Formulas
• Perceptions of Mealtimes
• A Dietitian’s Perspective
• A Pediatrician Perspective
• Parent Perspectives
• Decisions to Try a Homemade Blended Formula
• Mealtime Communication and Homemade Blended Formulas
• Mealtime Socialization and Homemade Blended Formulas
• Creating Nourishing, Stress-Free Mealtimes
• Food Guidelines and Ongoing Dietary Support
• Homemade Blended Formulas and Hydration
• Starting a Homemade Blended Formula
• Equipment, Safety, Sanitation and Storage
• Traveling with Homemade Blended Formulas
• Anatomy of a Recipe and Core Guidelines
• Preparation Tips
• Special Dietary Needs
• Vegetarian Children
• Supporting Parents
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Commercial Formula Coverage
Laminated paperback with metal spiral binding